Friday 17 June 2011


Contrary to what I wrote yesterday, this is surely the same doe as figured in the other photograph, but taken at a different time and day. What I took to be the antlers must be a combination of the ears and some grass stems.


Some pupils from the New School at Butterstone came to watch beavers with me earlier this week. One of them wondered what he might see at close quarters and found this invertebrate drama in progress. A spider is stalking a fly. I put my iPhone to the eyepiece and this was the result.




Walking round the Wet Wood recently I noticed this and wondered what it was: a gall of some kind, or a chrysalis? 


showed a nice photograph of what I had seen: Dasineura urticae, a very common gall of nettles - beautiful, all the same.



No comments:

Post a Comment