Sunday 25 April 2010

A Beaver feeding and a heron watching

Another evening and a few more attempts at digiscoping without the UCA (Universal Camera Adaptor). I seem always to leave it until the light is failing and the camera shutter goes off at 1/8th of a second.

I set up the telescope and hardly had I set about scanning the pond when the head of a drake teal delighted me. A look to the left and to the right of the bird and there was a duck. After a while I shifted the telescope and saw the ripples of a beaver, as yet under water, but about to surface and, perhaps, to land. It did and quickly began to set about the sedge.


At about this time a pair of herons appeared. After some minutes this one of the pair had settled on the other side of the pond and stood, waiting for something to spear or grab.

No comments:

Post a Comment