Friday 7 August 2009

Another Walk along the Burnieshed (aka a Bit of the Cateran Trail)


I felt that I could have done better with the photograph of the Yellow Loosestrife that I posted yesterday. Here, then, is another pic.










Similarly, the photograph of the grass that the beavers have been grazing by the burnside was not as clear as I should have liked, Here is another photograph to show the neat way in which beavers graze the riparian vegetation.








The main crops of raspberries may mostly have been picked by the students from the Czech Republic, Poland and other East European countries, but the wild raspberries have ripened only recently.









A cloud of flies flew up and I wondered why there should be so many all of a sudden. As I walked back up the path after taking the next shot, I noticed this fresh Stinkhorn (Phallus impudicus).














And here is another photograph of the lowest of the ponds on the Burnieshed Burn, the rewilded ditch.

The taking of this picture was the purpose of my walk because it seemed to me that yesterday's shot was a little flat.
















No comments:

Post a Comment